- Campaign celebrates the great work of HR professionals in helping to drive employee engagement and communicate benefits
- MetLife launches HR Heroes hub featuring a range of resources to support HR professionals
MetLife has launched a national campaign to identify and celebrate the crucial work done by HR professionals to drive and support the continued performance of their organisation.
The campaign will contact employee benefit intermediaries across the UK asking them to nominate the HR Heroes in their clients’ organisations. In addition, they will be mailing HR professionals directly to encourage them to submit their own stories. Every story submitted will receive a limited edition HR heroes pack.
The HR Heroes campaign is supported by MetLife’s latest research* that reveals the importance of good employee benefits communication – often one of the many roles performed by HR heroes but one that can be overlooked as one of the “benefits of benefits”.
MetLife’s data shows that employees who highly value their benefits show marked differences in positive engagement – for example, 43% of employees who place a high value on their benefits believe their company is a great place to work compared with a figure of just 20% for those who don’t value their benefits. Similar differences are reported across other key engagement indicators.
MetLife has launched an online hub at www.metlife.co.uk/HRheroes, featuring a range of resources specifically designed to support HR professionals. It includes:
- Employee benefits videos – engaging and insightful videos helping HR professionals choose the right benefits and discussing how to get the most from them.
- The MetLife Employee Benefit Trends Study 2015 – facts, stats, insights and practical solutions for employers around the issues affecting them and their employees today.
- Worksite marketing packs – posters, email and letter templates to help communicate the true value of benefits to employees and help drive engagement and loyalty.
Tom Gaynor, Employee Benefits Director of MetLife UK, said: “Our aim is to celebrate the great work performed by HR professionals nationwide. In our work with intermediaries we see so many examples of HR innovation in the workplace. HR teams play a critical role in helping to drive employee engagement and communicating benefits should form an important part of an employee engagement strategy. We are encouraging advisers and HR professionals to nominate HR Heroes – themselves or people they know - on our website. We want to recognise and celebrate their success.”
MetLife is one of the fastest-growing life and pensions groups in the UK and its Employee Benefits division has offices in Brighton**. Employing around 150 people, it is the UK hub for the sales and administration of its employee benefits and individual protection businesses.
* Research conducted by Research Runner among a representative sample of UK employees and employers between August and October 2014
** MetLife’s Brighton office is situated at Invicta House, Trafalgar Place, BN1 4FR