The REC Awards brought together recruiters from across the industry, from agency to in-house and from start-ups to multinationals, to acknowledge the phenomenal hard work to help take the UK labour market from strength to strength.
The past year has been vital for the recruitment sector as the labour market continues to recover from the impact of the pandemic. This year’s awards recognised the contributions of businesses and individuals who went above and beyond to drive the UK forward during these tumultuous times.
In all, 45 individual and 59 company entries were shortlisted across 21 categories including best company to work for.
Neil Carberry, Chief Executive of the REC, said:
“Competition for staff in the UK has been a serious challenge throughout 2022 and skilled recruiters have made a real difference for both the companies and workers they support. In tough times, it’s important to celebrate the critical service our recruiters provide to millions of people in the UK every day.
“This year’s winners were exceptional, showcasing best in class recruitment at a time when it’s needed more than ever. The nominees should feel immense pride in what they have achieved. Congratulations to everyone involved!”
The winners at the REC Awards 2022:
- Temporary Worker of the Year – Claire Harvey, placed by 4myschools
- Best Newcomer in Temporary Recruitment – Aaron Lumsdon, Enhance Catering
- Best Newcomer in Permanent Recruitment – Sam Turnpenny, Multiverse
- Recruitment Resourcer of the Year – Devan Patel, ID Medical
- Temporary Recruiter of the Year – Oliver Gooch, Carrington West
- Permanent Recruiter of the Year – Esme Richardson, Inspired Search & Selection
- In-house Recruiter of the Year – Sarah Stewart, The Entertainer
- Candidate Experience of the Year – Rhiannon Griffiths, Inspired Search & Selection
- Business Leader of the Year – Richard Cooke, Seven Resourcing
- Shared Services Team of the Year – Carrington West
- Recruitment Team of the Year – Gi Group Holding
- Community Impact of the Year – Amoria Bond
- Diversity Initiative of the Year – Templeton & Partners
- People Development Business of the Year – Pertemps Network Group
- Demonstrating High Standards in Recruitment Award – 4myschools
- Business Excellence through Transformation Award – ID Medical Group
- Start-up of the Year – TR2 Recruitment
- Best company to Work For (up to 20 employees) – Girling Jones
- Best Company to Work For (up to 50 employees) – Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Best Company to Work For (up to 150 employees) – Seven Resourcing
- Best Company to Work For (over 150 employees) – Harvey Nash
- Recruiter of the Year – Richard Cooke
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Mark Cahill