Stuart Gentle Publisher at Onrec

Recruiters invest in a virtual future

A Scottish firm is looking to take its use of virtual recruitment even further – after successfully filling more than 500 roles for a global customer experience company using an entirely online recruitment process.

Change Recruitment, which successfully placed the candidates across five UK locations, is predicting the adoption of a similar format, with new technology supporting similar national campaigns with ease.

The fully integrated video platform enables Change to manage every aspect of the campaign including creating video job descriptions and adverts as well as the use of video for one to one or group meetings, events and supporting technology that also helped manage the  administration elements of the recruitment process such as pre-employment screening. Ultimately it connects people quicker and more efficiently whilst maintaining a good level of interaction and a positive candidate experience and on-boarding journey.

Over an initial six-week period, Change Recruitment’s consultants – all working remotely – placed more than 100 temporary personnel, carrying out everything from database search with added external attraction campaigns and registered thousands of candidates through the application process that included  initial assessment to one-to-one video interviews and full pre-employment screening.

Over an additional six campaigns for the global client, more than 480 roles have been filled with around 80 per cent of the candidates placed working from home, with the remaining 20 per cent based in contact centres in five key UK locations.

To ensure those working from home were able to settle into their roles, Change Recruitment also supported the client with delivery schedules and setup for equipment including monitors and keyboards, as well as facilitating welcome video calls before their remote induction training experience commenced.

Lesley Shepherd, Associate Director at Change Recruitment, said: “In my 20 years of recruitment experience, I have led some of the country’s largest scale recruitment campaigns on behalf of major blue-chip organisations, but this is the first completely virtual campaign of this scale.

“Despite the complexity of the campaign – given that we’re currently living in a mostly virtual world – we launched it within 24 hours, with call-outs for roles live within just three days.

“It’s been an incredible experience to create a new recruitment model that will continue to support high volume recruitment within the customer contact industry. Our latest technology enables us to better support more clients on a national scale – and speeds up the recruitment process thanks to quicker response times. It really is the future for us.”

Change Recruitment has a team of more than 40 experienced specialist recruiters working with clients and candidates across the globe to fill a range of permanent and contract roles. Its areas of expertise include accountancy and finance, IT, professional service, construction and customer contact.