SumTotal Systems, a Skillsoft Group company offering the world's only learning, talent and workforce management unified solution, today announced version 18.1 of its award-winning SumTotal Talent Expansion Suite®. The new version, which is available this month, will help human resources organisations create a more connected and engaging employee experience by streamlining the recruitment and talent development processes. In addition, SumTotal augmented its Core Platform architecture with new and enhanced capabilities for GDPR, accessibility and mobile. The update also includes upgrades to employee engagement, gamification, reporting and search performance.
“We are continuously investing in new functionality and innovation, to further enrich our industry-leading technology with cutting-edge functionality that delivers an engaging user experience,” said Apratim Purakayastha, CTO of the Skillsoft Group. “Our mobile-first strategy is a core design principle. This new release features capabilities across the Talent Expansion Suite that make it easier for employees, managers, and administrators to access and use the system, meet compliance regulations, find the right candidates and increase productivity from a mobile device.”
New and Enhanced Features of SumTotal 18.1
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): In preparation for GDPR, SumTotal is helping customers ensure compliance with evolving global legislative and legal requirements across the Talent Expansion Suite. New user interface and reporting features support GDPR to streamline workflows and data collection consent processes.
- Accessibility: This update invests in improvements for end-user and manager workflows in a new Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) to make SumTotal’s Core HR, Learn, Talent, Recruiting and Mobile solutions 508c and WCAG compliant.
- New and Improved Mobile Features: SumTotal added even more support in its mobile platform for recruiting including smartphone-optimised workflows for recruiters and hiring managers, support for native xAPI mobile courses, expanded dashboarding and widget capability, and the ability to schedule reports – all from within the SumTotal mobile app. This update also includes the much-awaited download and offline usage of the learner observation checklists to support On The Job Training and assessment directly from your smartphone.
- Unified Compliance: SumTotal paired its award-winning Learning and Workforce Management solutions with Skillsoft’s world-class content to provide an elite compliance solution. The solution makes it easy to have a unified compliance program integrated with the organisation’s HCM system to help improve compliance.
- Expanded Employee Engagement: This release delivers new leaderboard features including a view for My Buddies, advanced filtering and opportunities for earning awards, which enable employees to highlight their successes. Continuous Feedback also received a gamified makeover with expanded support of an additional ad hoc question template to drive a structured and measurable feedback loop.
- Reimagined and Modern Recruiting Solution: An expanded library of out-of-the-box reports and dashboard widgets includes critical business metrics to drive candidate pipeline, requisition aging, time to hire and interview effectiveness.
- Easier Configuration and Administration: SumTotal is making administration easier with the ability to easily organise and administer learning activities via a new topic hierarchy.
"GDPR will drive significant business changes and its implementation will be a complex undertaking for organisations doing business in the EU,” said Lisa Rowan, Research Vice President, HR, Talent and Learning Strategies at IDC. “Adhering to this new data protection regulation will demand a step-by-step approach to ensure full compliance from the start. By streamlining workflows and data collection consent processes, SumTotal Systems is prepared to support their customers in this evolving legislative and legal landscape.”
To learn more about SumTotal’s Talent Expansion Suite, visit http://www.sumtotalsystems.com/