Onrec logo The Online Recruitment Resource

HR Experts - "Apprenticeships Offer Skills Shortage Solution"

Following business concerns about skills shortages, the HR consultants at Purple HR are encouraging businesses to adopt apprenticeships.

Skills shortages remain one of the top concerns faced by UK business owners, with over 69% of employers currently worried about finding skilled staff. Having helped a wide range of organisations tackle skills shortages, Mandy Fitzmaurice one of two Managing Directors at Purple HR in Bournemouth is encouraging businesses to consider apprenticeships.

Mandy Fitzmaurice said:

"Apprenticeships give businesses the opportunity to train new staff in skills which will benefit their company. In the long term, this can help to fill skills gaps and enable future business growth. With new government initiatives, we've also seen apprenticeships becoming increasingly cost effective.''

Last month the government introduced a new Apprenticeship Levy with the aim of creating 3 million new apprentices by 2020. Small businesses, with a salary bill of less than £3 million, will not be required to pay this levy. In exchange, small businesses are asked to co-invest 10% of apprentice training costs with the government funding the remaining 90%. For any business, this means that apprenticeships are becoming a more affordable way to recruit and train employees.

Mandy Fitzmaurice continues:

"Bringing enthusiasm and a fresh perspective, apprentices can reinvigorate your existing workforce. At a time when the skills market is particularly competitive, apprenticeships are an excellent way to invest in the future of your business.''

Currently, Purple HR are advising employers on whether apprentices are suitable for their organisation. Through their dedicated HR and recruitment services, they offer expert guidance on hiring, managing, and training skilled workers and apprentices.

For more information about Purple HR, visit www.purplehr.co.uk.